The Woman’s Guild is a group that rallies together women within the parish for spiritual growth. The Woman’s Guild has been actively in church activities such as altar beautification, church hospitality department as well as visiting the sick, the old and the poor.
What is Woman’s Guild?
This is a fellowship of women and girls of Presbyterian Church of East Africa. It is founded on the Bible teaching in Romans 12:11-13
• Founded in 1922 for girls
• First dedication in 1923 and called GIRL’S GUILD
• Second dedication was in 1926
• Between 1930 – 1943 the Guild lapsed but was revived. The girls who started were already grown up women and so the name changed to WOMAN’S GUILD,open to both girls and married women today.
• The headscarf, card and badge are issued to the Guild member during the dedication as a sign of membership and a reminder of the fellowship she belongs to. Also a reminder of vows and promises.
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE LEAST COIN AND WHAT IS THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE LEAST COIN?
Putting aside a least coin whenever you pray for issues, national or international. This coin is put together during the Guild week and then sent to the Guild Central Committee for disbursement. Men and children encouraged to do the same
• To our pastors for fellowship and prayers.
• To our own members when they are in need and fellowship of thanksgiving.
• To others as requests are brought forward by our Guild District Coordinators.
• Participating in Presbyterial activities.